Monday, March 30, 2009

March favorites

This month's favorite products and stuff in random order:

1. GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in Darling - mentioned in my last haul. I really like the color, it's a good mix of light beige and pink, so it doesn't give you a 'concealer-lips' look. The only downfall is that it will accentuate any dryness or flakiness on the lips, so don't forget to exfoliate!


2. NYX Round Case Lipstick in Indian Pink - check out my Perfect spring lip color post for pictures.
3. NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eyeshadow in Walnut (in the bottom)- beautiful dark brown with bronze shimmer. The color is very buildable, so you can go from subtle to more dramatic. Actually, when I look at the swatch now, it would be great with the bronzer used as a lid color...
4. Coastal Scents G Bronzer/Blush (on the top)- at first, I wasn't convinced at all if I am going to use it or not. Well, this was mainly because back then I hadn't seen Pixiwoo's contouring tutorial. Now I use it everyday with Dare Blush on the apples of my cheeks, but I think it would also look amazing on its own.


applied with
5. Quo Bronzer Brush (duo fiber stippling brush type)- I actually hoped I could use this one for liquid foundation application, but it's far too soft and big for that. Instead, it's great for applying powder or bronzer. It does shed a bit at first, but I am past this annoying stage and I can enjoy it now.
6. Up Stage Crease Brush Duo - I guess this is very similar to the Essence of Beauty duo, I just couldn't get my hands on that one because there are no CVS drugstores in Seattle. I got this one at Fred Meyers and I use the bigger of the two to darken up my crease, and the small one to apply highlighter in the inner corners.
7. China Glaze Nail Lacquer with Hardeners in Heaven - very wearable, everyday color and long-lasting too!
8. Headbands - my hair is terrible length lately (as I am growing it for the wedding) and I try to tame it with headbands, even though my fiance doesn't like them at all.
9. Patchouli scent - featured in my Olay shower gel. Sweet and feminine, great before going to bed.
10. Coastal Scents 78 Eyeshadow and Blush Palette - using it practically everyday for practically any look. Great pay-off, size and range of colors. A must-have for frequent travellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment