Thursday, December 3, 2009

My latest obsession

Yes, it's confession time again, but don't worry, it's nothing embarassing... I'm having a huge crush on Etsy lately, and all this browsing through their listings and admiring the beautiful objects exibited has got me not only to spend some pennies on beautiful jewellery (but I'll post about that once it arrives), but also to get creative myself.

Today I had a day off, so I whipped out my beading box, and made this spiral bracelet.


It's made of light pink, lilac and deep purple glass beads in two different sizes and closes with a silvertone toggle clasp. Unfortunately, artificial light doesn't do its colors justice, they're much more vibrant in day light. The bigger light pink beads have an interesting opalescent effect, making them sparkle with gold, pink, blue and green under different angles. I thought of maybe making matching earrings, but decided they might actually be too heavy to wear.


So, what is your obsession this week? xxx

9 comments:

  1. Woah.. thats really beautiful! Cant belive you did it!! It looks like some of the stuff they are selling here for a lot of £$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! i too am super into etsy..i just ordered an ornament (no surprise there), and it's already been completed and is on its way! When I was wedding planning, I found a lot of good ideas there, that caused me to bring out the sewing box as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Catanya: Thank you, sweetheart! xxx

    @Tali: Taking into account the amount of time necessary to make it, it doesn't sound so surprising! Thanks, hun xxx

    @Ane: Oh, please let me know your favorite sellers, I'd love to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one i ordered, is from paloma's nest...i first heard of her things, when planning for the wedding. she makes a personalized ring bowl..as opposed to the traditional ring pillow. there were also some other ornament ones..i'll look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I want to learn how to make this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ane: Thanks sweetie, I'll defo check her out! xxx

    @Kajal Couture: If you're interested, I'll try posting a tutorial with photos how to make those, it's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please do! I love art that I can wear so I would love a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kajal Couture: I'll try my best hunni, I'll see if I can make it during the weekend (also, the additional problem being that I'd probably have to do it during daytime, and now it's only until 3-4 pm here!). xxx

    ReplyDelete