Monday, November 14, 2011

Favorite November Lip

Or maybe November Favorite Lip? Who knows... probably some lazy leprechauns laying down at the end of the rainbow, getting drunk on rain drops. Anyway, what was I saying? Yes, favorite lip product for November.

Now that I'm with the cool kids, by which I mean that I was accepted into Lipstick Bandits, we're bound by an eternal oath involving blood and chocolate chip cookies to all post at the same time, on the same topic - this month the subject line being favorite fall lipstick. I feel like I shot myself in the foot twice; firstly I posted an overview of my fall favorites last year, secondly I'm on a no-buy (I know, I know).

BUT! I did overlook a true gem last year, the fall ruby in question being the Sleek Pout Polish in Plum. I posted about it numerous times, though never in this context - lovelies, it's simply a genius fall shade which one wouldn't suspect given its slightly drab appearance in the pot. Keep reading for swatches!

As you can see, I've managed to accumulate three of these beauties thanks to the kindness of my fellow UK bloggers, Cami and Franky. My favorite of the bunch is still Plum, an amazing darkened red with a tinge of brown, perfect for everyday when patted lightly onto the pout as well as fantastic for evening when layered for intensity. If that wasn't enough, it's also amazing blended out on the cheeks!

I've swatched it together with a couple similar shades; first from the left is Sleek Pout Polish in Plum, second is Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, third Ophelia's Apothecary Chai Latte Lip Tint in Caramel. Clinique would do in a pinch as a possible dupe, although it's much less pigmented, a bit more brown and not as long-wearing, so that's something to consider if you (like me) can't get your hands on Sleek easily.

Before I wave goodbye to you for today and go snuggle under my faux sheep skin blanket to crochet a couple rows, I urge you to go check out favorite fall lipstick posts from other Lipstick Bandits:What is your favorite lip product for November?

14 comments:

  1. Great blog- followed :) I just did a post on 7 lipstick/7 faces. I havent tried sleek pout pots, but I now want to. Have been loving several products, but By Terry Baume de rose is a must for my try winter lips! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Pout Polish in plum looks delish! I have heard so many good things about the Pout Polishes, it's high time I give them a go. Black Honey is also a divine shade, so easy to wear. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pout polish and I absolutely love it! Plum looks absolutely lovely <3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! It looks like a great, wearable shade for every day! I love that we all came up with varying degrees of opacity and different colors...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try these! I wish I had head of them before I went to Europe darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should try a Pout Polish when I make a Sleek order. They look so yummy for the lips!

    P.S. The product shot of the Pout Polishes on their sides is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shade! I've been thinking about buying a Pout Polish for awhile now, but couldn't settle on a shade. So now I know which one I want (ehem, on top of all the other lipsticks and glosses I saw today. Never mind the fact that I'm on a lip product no buy...)

    And a faux sheep skin blanket sounds supremely comfortable :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try these Sleek Pout polishes! Plum looks perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an NYC potted lip balm (called sugar rush) that looks like a deeper, more purple version of this, the shade is already discontinued and I have finished half tube of it so I am trying save it up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been admiring these all over the blogosphere! The colours are especially enticing when in little clear jars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried a couple of the Pout Polishes but in lighter shades which I didn't think very much of although the texture is nice. Now, thanks to you I know there are actually darker/brighter shades out there and now I want them. Sigh. We are bad for ourselves aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladies, I just wanted to thank you all for the awesome comments and your support, it means a lot to me! I'm so glad to be a Lipstick Bandits :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lipstick bandits is a great idea - lipstick and lip products are def my most searched beauty blog thing!
    i wonder if these pout polishes are close to l'oreals hip gelly balm things? the colour looks great
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's so pretty! (I say that for almost every lipstick =D)

    I find the pot polish to have this gross taste on the lips I must say, so I'm a bit hesitant to get any more beyond the one I own, but oh the colour is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete