Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Brights Lipstick Bandit Style!

Lipstick Bandits strike again for the summer, peeps! We simply wouldn't be ourselves if we didn't put our spin on the summer brights theme, so prepare for some eye-searing hues, my dears!
Well, truth be told, this time round I'm actually taking a more relaxed approach to bright lips (shock horror). Don't get me wrong, I love my bold pinks and corals, but sometimes I'm not really in the mood for upkeep; especially on those days when I actually apply my lipstick waiting for the lights to change at an intersection. Plus... you know I love me a great sheer texture.
So there, meet my new treasure: Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Sheers Hydrating Lipcolor in Coral 301. It probably comes as a no surprise to you that I chose another orange-hued shade this month. This lipstick is just dreamy; starting with a neon orange bullet embossed with Giorgio Armani logo, through the black sleek tube slightly reminiscent of a bamboo with a satisfying weight and an even more satisfying magnetic closure, to the formulation itself. It just couldn't be any more perfect!
On the lips, the Rouge d'Armani Sheers feels virtually weightless and incredibly smooth. Upon the first swipe, you get barely a whisper of tangerine, which can be built up to a very intense orange. I like wearing it somewhere in the middle, more like what a pigmented gloss tends to achieve on the lips in terms of opacity. The finish is quite glossy, but slightly less than a lipgloss, which you can see in the arm swatches below. The texture is also a lot more thin, giving it that comfortable, hydrating, non-sticky feel. It does settle into the lips after about 2 hours and needs refreshing, which I think is to be expected of this kind of formulation.
Coral 301 is a warm tangerine with a touch of pink; I believe this shade is immensly wearable across different skintones due to the sheer texture - on me, it comes out a lot more pink simply because that's my natural lipcolor peeking through. The end result is fresh, natural and effortless; just as it should be for the summertime. Here you can see it both in natural daylight, one photo was taken in the shade, the other in direct sunlight.
For more beautiful summer brights, check out other Lipstick Bandits' posts below:
What is your favorite summer bright lipstick? Do tell!

18 comments:

  1. Awww you look lovely! This is definitely very wearable on you and less scarily bright than in the tube (not that I'm scare of brights, but you know what I mean...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty shades especially this time of year. I'll have to bring out my coral collection already, been stuck with reds lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that is stunning on you! What a nice, easy way to add more of a subtle bright lip! PS- What blush are you wearing above? It looks gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be absolutely honest, I don't quite remember the blush... but I want to say Benefit Coralista?

      Delete
  4. I don't own any GA lipsticks yet! I will have to get one. This one is so effortless, and you're right - it looks like total elegance in the tube! How's the job and everything, Monika? We need to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing good, thanks for asking! We do need to catch up asap!

      Delete
  5. Love the natural coral shade of the lipstick! Right now I'm loving bright fuchsia lips (but only on the weekends) and light coral lips - nice and bright for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been really tempted by this line of late. I always love the look of a juicy, sheer and bright lip during the summer which I think this lipstick offers.

    It looks absolutely divine paired with the color of your hair! Beautiful.
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love! It's an easy coral to wear since it's so sheer. Looks gorgeous on you, doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed your face! And of course this looks perfect on you

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! That Armani packaging is just gorgeous, and I love how wearable yet summery the shade is. Good pick :)

    Oh, and by the way, loving your hair. So summery and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's a lot sheerer than it looks! The packaging is so luxurious though... I love lipsticks that have the stamping on it like that.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one or two of these lipsticks and they have gorgeous gorgeous texture! Great choice and what a pretty colour too! I might have to check it out too :) Did you change your hair colour? (or am I just sort of unobservant? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! Nah, it's the same natural color, it's probably just different lighting - but I'm thinking of adding some highlights...

      Delete
  12. This is so pretty on you Monika! Just perfect with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been on a hunt for beauty blogs and just *had* to subscribe upon seeing 1Q84 in your sidebar. Lovely reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for subscribing, dear! Ah, I just finished reading that one, as always from Murakami, a fantastic book :)

      Delete
  14. It's like you get the best of both worlds: amazing colour to stare at in the tube and total wearability on the lips!

    ReplyDelete