Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Summer Face Routine

I really enjoyed reading Larie's summer face routine here, so I thought why not share my own? I have been doing my make-up a bit different the past couple of weeks, and haven't posted a proper Face of the Day in ages, so here goes! I've included the links to products I reviewed previously if you'd like more in-depth information about something I'm mentioning.
In the morning, I start off by washing my face using Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash - feels quite refreshing on the skin, but overall I don't care for it and I'm trying to use it up. Then I follow up with my prescription acne cream (not pictured), let that sink in a couple minutes, and apply my favorite Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ as well as Clarins Sunscreen for Eyes SPF 30 under my eyes.

I'm trying hard to cut back on the amount of time I spent on my base, so lately I've been either using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation in Intensity 1 topped off with Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF 50 when I want more coverage (mostly for work), or just the powder foundation on its own. When I go for powder only, I dab the Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 Concealer and Highlighter in Ivory under my eyes, around the nose and on my chin before I buff the foundation into my skin, and then conceal any blemishes and hyperpigmentation with Becca Compact Concealer in Sherbet and a stiff eyeliner brush.
For my cheeks, I apply the Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder on the high points of my face: along my cheekbones, on the temples, around the forehead and a tiny bit on my chin and the tip of my nose. I also blend it down slightly - my neck is the palest of pale! Then I sweep a warm coral, peach or apricot blush on the apples of my cheeks, like the Laura Mercier blush in Nectarine. I love bright juicy lips for summertime, so lately my lip products of choice have been Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten, Revlon Colorburst gloss in Strawberry and Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Sheers in Coral, a vibrant mix of cool and warm shades.
Bourjois Bronzing Powder, Laura Mercier Nectarine blush, Revlon Smitten Balm Stain, Revlon Strawberry gloss, GA Coral Rouge d'Armani Sheers

I've been keeping the eyes very simple most days with just a cream eyeshadow and a thin line of pencil eyeliner. I've been mostly reaching for either the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Slippin n Dippin, a rose gold, or Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze, a bronzy taupe. My everyday eyeliner this past month has been the Annabelle Smudgeliner in Rich Chocolate, a very dark brown, and sometimes when I want to mix it up a little with some color, I go for Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in Electric, a bright turquoise. No eye look can be complete for me without polished eyebrows, so I fill mine in with the Wet'n'Wild Khol for Eyes and Brows in Taupe. Obviously, I also apply 1 to 2 coats of black mascara, but currently I haven't got a favorite.

Benefit Slippin n Dippin Creaseless Cream, Maybelline Bad to the Bronze, Urban Decay Electric liner, Annabelle Rich Chocolate Smudgeliner, Wet'n'Wild Taupe Eye Khol

And voila! That's how the above mentioned products look on my face. Very quick and easy! I find that I have no patience for more complicated looks when it's hot outside - my skin needs to breathe.
I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my morning routine and please share your own summer favorites in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. Love this and love your face. :) I have the Rimmel concealer and Revlon gloss in Strawberry and both are awesome for the summer! For the eyes I've been using Benefit Birthday Suit which isn't too different from Slippin N Dippin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing! Nice choice of products:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, you are so pretty in the last picture! Right now since I am always in a rush in the morning, I usually just slap on sunscreen (the two I have don't dry right away so I didn't want to put makeup on when they are dry/on the train) and add some glosses through out the day if my lips get dry. Once the weather gets colder, I will start playing with all those blushers I hauled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you did one! I love the colors that you chose - so bright and summery. Especially the lip products. I'm looking for some good cream shadows so that I can keep the eye makeup simple, too, but I haven't found one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh your skin looks *perfect* Rocaille. And I WANT that Laura Mercier blush! That's the second time this week someones mentioned it. I've always wanted to try that Bourjois bronzer--too bad it's not sold in-stores here anymore :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your routine is perfect; not fussy yet you look totally gorgeous! I really like the lip products you chose and your eyes always look so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sooo cute!

    Bad to the Bronze is a lovely colour... I think I'll pick that one up. Also, my oily skin is giving me some trouble in terms of foundations, but Summer in Vancouver is SO fleeting that I can't really justify making a new foundation purchase. I try sticking to powders, but they look awful once the oil starts to break through. *cringe*

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous. That blush is amazing. I've never thought of looking at Laura Mercier for blushes, but now I might. I think I also need that Maybelline Bad to the Bronze. I could use it for a smokey eye look for my bday this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely lovely...Gorgeous natural everyday makeup...

    ReplyDelete